So following on from my last post, here's the recipe for chicken salad number. This one takes slightly longer to prepare than my last one, and uses ordinary chicken breast, but the GFTreets Coated Chicken would work just as well with this recipe too.
- Breast Chicken, sliced
- Lettuce, shredded
- Cherry Tomatoes, or regular Tomatoes diced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Red Onion, diced
- Avocado, diced
- Boiled Eggs, chopped
- Kumara, thinly sliced
-Ozganics Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional, Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Optional, Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- Pink Himalayan Rock Salt/Sea Salt & Pepper
- Preheat a pan with a little bit of oil on a medium heat. Lay chicken slice in the oil until browned, on both sides. Set aside on a plate to cool down.
- Combine lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, avocado & herbs in a large bowl
- Drizzle Ozganics Balsamic Vinegar over the top, and set aside to marinate
- Reheat pan on a medium heat, with a little bit of oil. Thinly slice kumara, sprinkle with salt & pepper & place in pan. Lightly fry until browned, flip over & continue frying until brown.
- Chop up egg & add to salad along with the chicken, lightly toss to mix everything through.
- Divide kumara slices among plates and serve with the chicken salad.
Tips & Suggestions
- Take leftovers (if there are any) to work for lunch or prep this at night for school & work lunches
- Makes a fantastic addition to any BBQ
Stay tuned for version number 3!