Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Vegan
Sometimes you just feel like Apple Pie. I had a week off last week, and while I meant to tinker around with new recipes, an apple pie is all I ended up doing, but it was a pretty good apple pie, if I do say so myself. Please bear in mind it's been about 5 years since I last had apple pie, as that was the last time I was well enough to be able to eat gluten, so my recollection of apple pie could be through rose tinted glasses. Nonetheless, the pie went down a treat with everyone.
- Orgran Pastry & Pizza Mix
- 5- 6 Apples (or you can cheat like we did & used a couple tins of tinned apples)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Ceres Organics Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180, bake
- Make up pastry mix according to packet - 40ml of oil & 250ml of water mixed in a large bowl with a packet of Orgran Pastry mix, knead dough on a floured board, then roll out and place in your pie tray.
- In a large pot, boil the apples in water until the apples are soft & stewed.
- Add the cinnamon & sugar, and leave to simmer for 20mins.
- Drain the excess water from the pot & mash together the apple using a blender/masher/hand wand until the apple is pureed.
- Pour the apple in to the pie dish, sprinkle the remainder of the cinnamon over the apple, and add another layer of pastry.
- Pop in to the oven to bake until the pastry is golden brown on the outside, and the pie is hot all the way through.